About this blog:
I blog on random Pop Culture subjects. I also post Top 13 Lists. I could do a cliched Top 10 like everyone else, but then I'd be just like everyone else.


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RIP Davy Jones!

RIP Davy Jones 1945-2012! Thanks for all the fun you brought to pop culture throughout so many years.
My parents grew up on The Monkees, my mom in particular being a big fan. I grew up watching the Monkees TV program, enjoying the campy fun, and singing along to my parent's Monkees LPs (yes, music was still on vinyl when I was a kid). As a teenager and adult, I grew to appreciate the more adult humor hidden below the surface of The Monkees slapstick silliness.
Davy was always my favorite Monkee, and by far the best singer of the group.
RIP Davy, and thanks for all the great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment